Skip to main content

Medical College of Virginia

 Organization

Biography

The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Susan J. Mellette papers

 Collection
Identifier: 2001.Oct.2
Scope and Contents

The collection includes correspondence, professional papers, reports, files and published materials dating from 1942-1993. The bulk of the collection dates from the 1960s through the 1980s and consists mostly of correspondence and professional papers. The collection focuses on Dr. Mellette's many professional pursuits within the field of oncology.

Dates: 1942-1993