Skip to main content

Medical College of Virginia

 Organization

Biography

The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

MCV Foundation/Monumental Church records

 Collection
Identifier: 2005.Jun.13
Scope and Contents

The collection includes minutes of the Monumental Church Endowment, correspondence with J. Ambler Johnston who oversaw the early renovation. Also included are clippings and articles relating to the Church and its members. The Collection focuses on the time of its first renovation from 1960-1965. It does not cover activity of the congregation or of the years of University ownership.

Dates: 1957-1965