Medical College of Virginia
The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Collection contains newspaper clippings from Richmond, Virginia area newspapers from 1911 to 1913. It chronicles the rivalry between the schools, Mitchell's appointment as President and the early integration efforts. The Collection is limited to only what was in the newspapers during these years and is not a complete representation of Mitchell's career.