Skip to main content

Medical College of Virginia

 Organization

Biography

The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Diploma and Certificate collection

 Collection
Identifier: 2015.Feb.03
Scope and Contents Over time the Health Sciences Library, Special Collections and Archives has received numerous diplomas and certificates. These have sometimes been single item donations or have come in with larger donations. This finding aid allows users to more easily learn about and locate these items. This collection includes diplomas that span the history of the Medical College of Virginia (MCV), beginning with diplomas issued when it was still a department of Hampden-Sydney College. Also included are...
Dates: 1815-