Medical College of Virginia
The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
This collection contains the personal papers of Charles P. Cardwell, Jr. when he served as president-elect, then president of the Virginia Hospital Association. The papers include annual reports, committee reports, policy proposals, as well as personal and professional correspondence from 1950-1953. The papers focus on issues like standardization of nursing education, hospital insurance consolidation and reform, hospital finances, and indigent patient care.