Skip to main content

Medical College of Virginia

 Organization

Biography

The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Crippled Children's Hospital photographs and publications

 Collection
Identifier: 2013.Feb.26
Scope and Content This collection contains photographs, newspaper clippings, a magazine, and a promotional booklet for the hospital. The collection provides some insight into the early history and services of the hospital as well as the children who were patients. The photographs are undated with the exception of one labled 1911 of a female adolescent with scoliosis. This photograph predates the clinic and hospital. The majority of the photographs are of patients and staff at the convalescent...
Dates: 1911-1958