Medical College of Virginia
The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The collection is limited to committee notes from the Academic Privileges and Admissions Committees as well as small amounts of correspondence and reprints of papers. The collection does not contain any information regarding Porter's medical practice or his academic teaching.