Medical College of Virginia
The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of various items from Perry's life that show his vast array of interests, from a college textbook to the analytical breakdown of a soybean farm. The collection focuses mostly on Perry's medical work and not on his political or civic duties.
The collection is limited to committee notes from the Academic Privileges and Admissions Committees as well as small amounts of correspondence and reprints of papers. The collection does not contain any information regarding Porter's medical practice or his academic teaching.
This collection contains papers of Dr. James L. Thomson and his wife, Dorothy Knowles Thomson. Dr. Thomson's papers include World War II memorabilia and photographs as well as papers from the Excelsior Club, a group of surgeons brought together by the war. The papers of Mrs. Thomson, an instructor of operating room nursing at the Medical College of Virginia, include teaching materials and personal effects.