Medical College of Virginia
The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of materials collected by Dr. Peeples in the field of hunger, poverty, and racial issues in the United States and abroad. There is considerable information on the fight for integration in Virginia in the 1960s. It includes his thesis on the Prince Edward County school issue in the late 1950s and early 1960s as well as many newspaper articles that document that period. A large portion of this collection is made up of numerous types of publications.