Medical College of Virginia
The Medical College of Virginia (MCV), located in Richmond, VA, was established in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydeny College. MCV became an independent instituion in 1854. It merged with the University College of Medicine in 1913, retaining the MCV name. In 1968 the college merged with the Richmond Professional Institue to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Alton D. Brashear papers
James L. and Dorothy Knowles Thomson papers
This collection contains papers of Dr. James L. Thomson and his wife, Dorothy Knowles Thomson. Dr. Thomson's papers include World War II memorabilia and photographs as well as papers from the Excelsior Club, a group of surgeons brought together by the war. The papers of Mrs. Thomson, an instructor of operating room nursing at the Medical College of Virginia, include teaching materials and personal effects.
Robert B. Ware papers
The collection consists of memorabilia from Ware's years in medical school and wartime service.