Collie Burton Papers
Scope and Content Information
The collection includes articles, correspondence and publications on various issues. The bulk of the material details the lawsuits against the FCC and Richmond area radio and television stations initiated by the Black Broadcasting Coalition (BBC) in the early 1970s.
- Creation: 1965-1977
- Burton, Collie (Person)
Collection is open for use without restrictions.
Mr. Burton has been educated in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio and has held numerous civic positions in Richmond.
4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Materials arranged in alphabetical order and chronologically therein.
Most of the files were not in any order and arrangement and order was imposed by the Department to aid research.
Series I--Alphabetical Files (n.d., 1971-1977)
Series II--Black Broadcasting Coalition (BBC) vs. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) (n.d., 1966-1976)
Series III--Oversize (n.d.)
This collection was donated to the Department by Mr. Burton in February 1990.
Collection processed in April 1989.
- A Guide to the Collie Burton Papers, 1965-1977
- A Collection in Special Collections and Archives, James Branch Cabell Library, Collection Number M 267
- Betsy Pittman
- © 2002 By Copyright Virginia Commonwealth University. All Rights Reserved.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Web version of the finding aid funded in part by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the VCU James Branch Cabell Library Repository
Special Collections and Archives 901 Park Avenue
Richmond Virginia 23284 USA US