Administrative Management Society records
Scope and Contents
The Administrative Management Society files consist of Public Information and NOMA scrapbooks (1960-1969), early miscellaneous information (1941-1970) and the President's files (1981-1987).
- Majority of material found within 1941 - 1987
- Administrative Management Society. Richmond (Va.) Chapter (Organization)
- National Office Management Association. Richmond (Va.) Chapter (Organization)
No restrictions on access.
No restrictions on use.
The Richmond Chapter of the National Office Management Association was organized in 1940 with 31 charter members. Coinciding with a change in the name of the national (international) organization, the name of the chapter was changed on January 1, 1964 to the Richmond Chapter of the Administrative Management Society. The objectives of the Richmond Chapter are: 1. To promote a free exchange of ideas in office organization, operation and management. 2. To promote efficiency and economy in office administration by encouraging the application of scientific methods and standardization. 3. To assist educational institutions in interpreting the needs of commerce and industry relating to suitable training for a business career. 4. To hold meetings from time to time to consider and discuss subjects of mutual interest in the general field of administrative management. 5. To encourage the professionalization of the Chapter in the Society's program for certification of administrative managers.
4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Materials arranged alphabetically and chronologically therein. The papers of the Administrative Management Society are arranged in 3 series. Series I--Early Miscellaneous Files (1941-1970), Series II--President's Files (1981-1987), Series III--Public Information Albums and NOMA Scrapbook (1960-1969). The scrapbooks are stored with other scrapbooks in the old stack area. Papers within each folder proceed chronologically from back to front of folder.
The collection was donated to the Department by Clyde T. Jeffrey in September and November of 1986.
- Administrative Management Society. Richmond (Va.) Chapter -- Archives
- National Office Management Association. Richmond (Va.) Chapter -- Archives
- Office management -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- A Guide to the Administrative Managment Society records, 1941-1987
- 2001 By Copyright Virginia Commonwealth University. All Rights Reserved.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Funding: Web version of the finding aid funded in part by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the VCU James Branch Cabell Library Repository
Special Collections and Archives 901 Park Avenue
Richmond Virginia 23284 USA US