Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 232
Museum District Association records
Barbara Abernathy papers
Administrative Management Society records
The Administrative Management Society files consist of Public Information and NOMA scrapbooks (1960-1969), early miscellaneous information (1941-1970) and the President's files (1981-1987).
Sidney Alexander collection
Collection consists of correspondence, publications and other materials.
The James W. Allison papers
American Civil Liberties Union - Southern Women's Rights Project records
Dr. Joseph J. Anderson papers
Marietta Minnegerode Andrews papers
The collection consists of approximately 100 items. The bulk of the material concerns Black Brother, a long, unfinished manuscript that Mrs. Andrews was working on when she died. Some of her notes and research materials are included, as well as seven of her short stories. There are two pages that have been identified as belonging to George Washington's Country.
Carl Archacki papers
Papers of Carl Archacki, a Richmond activist for equal rights and an advocate for gay and lesbian support groups, principally consists of clippings, memorandums, photographs, and leaflets concerning Archacki's work as a member of the Sexual Minorities Commission of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, Dignity / Integrity, the Human Rights Campaign, and the Richmond Pride Coalition.
Association of Medical Officers of the Confederate Army and Navy Records
The records include one minute book with the 1873 call for an organizational meeting and minutes from the meetings in 1874 and 1875.
Astoria Beneficial Club and Richmond Beneficial Insurance records
The collection includes minutes, correspondence, committee reports and other materials which date from 1906 to 1947.
Bonnie Atwood papers
Evelyn Crary Bacon papers
Anna Banana collection
The collection consists of one box of thirty-one folders, which contains Anna Banana's extensive curriculum vitae, bibliographic materials, stamp designs from 1988-2002, selected newsletters from Banana Rag and Artistamp News, as well as reviews from various artists.
Richmond Croom Beatty papers
Correspondence with publishers and friends, manuscripts of articles, poems, books, reviews, and other writing, notes, teaching notebooks, term papers, clippings, printed materials, and photographs. Includes translation from the German version of William Byrd's Natural history of Virginia, which Beatty edited and published. Correspondents include Stringfellow Barr, Louise Cowan, Wilbur Cross, Harold M. Jones, Merrill Moore, Jesse Stuart and R.M Weaver.
Baruj Benacerraf papers
Materials in this collection include photographs, reprints, materials relating to his Nobel prize, a grant proposal, and other academic materials related to his educational and teaching career.
Joseph B. Benedetti papers
The collection consists largely of printed information and correspondence from special interests and Benedetti's constituents concerning issues on a wide range of subjects that Virginia legislators dealt with in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Also included are copies of bills in their various versions, newspaper clippings, newsletters, reports, information on Richmond and Virginia agencies and civic organizations, and copies of Benedetti's responses to constituents' letters.
Betsy Brinson collection of AIDS epidemic exhibit materials
Nell Blaine collection
Richard Lee Bland collection of Richmond memorabilia
Board of Trustees of Memorial Hospital records
The records include one bound volume of the minutes of the Board of Trustees from 1899 to 1913. There are no minutes for 1906 to 1908. The records also include correspondence, resolutions and reports.
Elisabeth Scott Bocock papers
James Russell Boldridge papers
Ray Bonis Collection of Oliver North for U. S. Senate Campaign Materials
Dr. Lewis Hinton Bosher, Jr. papers
Russell V. Bowers papers
The collection contains speeches, photographs, and secondary source research material on several subjects of historical interest for Bowers including the history of penicillin, William Osler and William Halsted. The collection does not include anything on Bowers' medical practice or his personal life.
James R. Branch papers
The collection contains 27 original letters to Col. Branch from such dignitaries as President Theodore Roosevelt, the Secretary of the Navy, officials at Annapolis, and his immediate family, including James Branch Cabell. The letter-book contains copies of over 500 letters to various individuals.
Melville C. Branch, Jr. Papers, 1914-2004
Alton D. Brashear papers
Andrew J. Brent papers
The collection consists of documents concerning Downtown Development Unlimited and Project One, Henrico County Annexation, RPI Foundation, RMA, Richmond Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Metropolitan Committee. The collection dates from the early 1960s through the early 1980s.Eight volume bound set of court proceedings of the 1941 Annexation of Henrico by Richmond transferred to book collection.
- VCU James Branch Cabell Library 168
- VCU Health Sciences Library 64
- Authors, American -- Archives -- Virginia 11
- Physicians -- Virginia. 7
- Gay activists -- Archives. -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Lawyers -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Richmond (Va.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 5
- Women -- Political activity -- Virginia -- Richmond. 5
- Women civic leaders -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Photographs 4
- Women political activists -- Archives -- Virginia 4
- World War II. 4
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Authors, American -- Manuscripts -- Virginia 3
- Educators -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Equal rights amendments -- Sources -- Virginia 3
- Gay activists -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Gay rights -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Legislators -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Physicians -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 3
- Poets, American -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Richmond (Va.) -- Social conditions -- 20th century. 3 + ∧ less
- German 6
- French 2
- Latin 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Medical College of Virginia 22
- Virginia Commonwealth University 13
- Richmond Professional Institute 9
- Cabell, James Branch, 1879-1958 7
- Virginia Equal Rights Amendment Ratification Council 4
- Brinson, Betsy 3
- Glasgow, Ellen Anderson Gholson, 1873-1945 3
- League of Women Voters of the Richmond Metropolitan Area (Va.) 3
- Lyons, Harry, 1900- 3
- National Organization for Women 3
- Peeples, Edward H. (Edward Harden) 3
- Richmond (Va.). City Council 3
- Richmond Symphony 3
- University College of Medicine (Richmond, Va.) 3
- Atwood, Bonnie 2
- Brownell, Charles E. 2
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Richmond (Va.). Sexual Minorities Commission 2
- Daugherity, Brian J. 2
- Gay Alliance of Students 2
- Inge, M. Thomas 2 + ∧ less