Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 232
Susan J. Mellette papers
The collection includes correspondence, professional papers, reports, files and published materials dating from 1942-1993. The bulk of the collection dates from the 1960s through the 1980s and consists mostly of correspondence and professional papers. The collection focuses on Dr. Mellette's many professional pursuits within the field of oncology.
Reverend Paul A. Menzel collection
This collection is a book of Reverend Paul A. Menzel's records (one item) of the activities within St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, of which he was pastor. The volume covers the period 1755-1766 and is handwritten in German.
Metropolitan Economic Development Council Archives
Correspondence with various company personnel, publicity for area companies, advertising, speeches, magazine and newspaper articles, and newsletters. Includes information on the American Economic Development Council, Executive Women International, American Industrial Development Council, Industrial Development Authority, and local companies.
H. Mitchell Meyer papers
Papers, 1959-1988, of H. Mitchell Meyer consisting of documents relating to the Federal Arts Council of Richmond, his class notes, and sketches and prints.
Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association records
Mildred A. Mason Memorial Scholarship Foundation records
Samuel C. Mitchell papers
The Collection contains newspaper clippings from Richmond, Virginia area newspapers from 1911 to 1913. It chronicles the rivalry between the schools, Mitchell's appointment as President and the early integration efforts. The Collection is limited to only what was in the newspapers during these years and is not a complete representation of Mitchell's career.
Paul C. Nagel papers
The collection contains materials relating to Dr. Nagel's professional and literary career including teaching, administration and drafts of his books. The bulk of the collection relates to the development, research and publication of Nagel's work on the Adams and Lee families.
New Virginia Review records
The collection consists of manuscripts submitted for the New Virginia Review, Volumes I and V; correspondence between contributors and editors; proofs representing various stages of the production process; and a number of taped readings and lectures. Included in the collection are a number of journals and books which have been marked and assimilated into the regular Special Collections small press and poetry collections.
Zelda K. Nordlinger Papers
Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) Richmond Chapter records
Peter Nicholas Pastore, M.D.
Edward H. Peeples, Jr. papers
The collection consists of materials collected by Dr. Peeples in the field of hunger, poverty, and racial issues in the United States and abroad. There is considerable information on the fight for integration in Virginia in the 1960s. It includes his thesis on the Prince Edward County school issue in the late 1950s and early 1960s as well as many newspaper articles that document that period. A large portion of this collection is made up of numerous types of publications.
Edward H. Peeples, Jr. papers
Seth B. Perry collection
The collection consists of various items from Perry's life that show his vast array of interests, from a college textbook to the analytical breakdown of a soybean farm. The collection focuses mostly on Perry's medical work and not on his political or civic duties.
Poetry Society of Virginia records
Theresa Pollak papers
William Branch Porter collection
The collection is limited to committee notes from the Academic Privileges and Admissions Committees as well as small amounts of correspondence and reprints of papers. The collection does not contain any information regarding Porter's medical practice or his academic teaching.
A. Patrick L. Prest, Jr. papers
Dr. Rufus Livius Raiford papers
Resources for American Literary Study collection
The collection consists of manuscripts and proofs of the articles in Volumes I-VI of Resources for American Literary Study (1973-1976). There is also some editorial correspondence. Resources was published biannually by Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Maryland. Drs. Maurice Duke and M. Thomas Inge edited the journal between the years 1973 and 1980.
Richmond Academy of Medicine Joseph Lyon Miller Collection of prints
Richmond annexation files
Richmond Civil War Round Table records
Richmond Comprehensive Planning Slide Collection
30 albums of color slides, dating from the 1960s through the 1990s. There are some 7,500 slides (30 albums of slides).
Richmond Crusade for Voters collection
Richmond First Club records
Richmond gay documents 1974-1988
Richmond Lesbian and Gay Pride Coalition records
Richmond Musicians Club records
The collection contains correspondence, minutes, newspaper clippings and other materials documenting the history of the Richmond Musicians Club for the years 1916 through 1969.
- VCU James Branch Cabell Library 168
- VCU Health Sciences Library 64
- Authors, American -- Archives -- Virginia 11
- Physicians -- Virginia. 7
- Gay activists -- Archives. -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Lawyers -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Richmond (Va.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 5
- Women -- Political activity -- Virginia -- Richmond. 5
- Women civic leaders -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Photographs 4
- Women political activists -- Archives -- Virginia 4
- World War II. 4
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Authors, American -- Manuscripts -- Virginia 3
- Educators -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Equal rights amendments -- Sources -- Virginia 3
- Gay activists -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Gay rights -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Legislators -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Physicians -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 3
- Poets, American -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Richmond (Va.) -- Social conditions -- 20th century. 3 + ∧ less
- German 6
- French 2
- Latin 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Medical College of Virginia 22
- Virginia Commonwealth University 13
- Richmond Professional Institute 9
- Cabell, James Branch, 1879-1958 7
- Virginia Equal Rights Amendment Ratification Council 4
- Brinson, Betsy 3
- Glasgow, Ellen Anderson Gholson, 1873-1945 3
- League of Women Voters of the Richmond Metropolitan Area (Va.) 3
- Lyons, Harry, 1900- 3
- National Organization for Women 3
- Peeples, Edward H. (Edward Harden) 3
- Richmond (Va.). City Council 3
- Richmond Symphony 3
- University College of Medicine (Richmond, Va.) 3
- Atwood, Bonnie 2
- Brownell, Charles E. 2
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Richmond (Va.). Sexual Minorities Commission 2
- Daugherity, Brian J. 2
- Gay Alliance of Students 2
- Inge, M. Thomas 2 + ∧ less