Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 232
Hunter T. Stagg papers
Robert W. Stewart papers
This collection consists of numerous architectural drawings, photographs, slides, correspondence and office files related to projects undertaken by Robert W. Stewart from the late 1970s to the early 1990s. Most of these materials are architectural drawings of Richmond, Va. area residences. Other materials in the collection help document Stewart's involvement with historic preservation.
Powhatan (Polly) Stone papers
This collection covers the span of Miss Stone's working life from 1920 onward. The material divides itself into three groups. The first group includes dialogues by Miss Stone about her job and the people, places and things which she encountered. The second group includes correspondence dating from 1920 to 1976. The third group consists of the majority of her literary works including essays, poetry, short stories and class notes.
Stuart Circle Hospital records
This collection's most prominent feature includes several hardbound copies of the Minutes of the Board of Directors dated from 1946 thru 1970. Also included are photographs and newspaper clippings regarding the hospital that appeared in the Richmond Times-Dispatch or News Leader. Not all records were saved at the time of the hospital's closure; the collection is missing more detailed information regarding the School of Nursing, and the daily operation of the Hospital and its staff.
Dr. James F. Stubbins Postcard collection
Charles Henry Sykes cartoon collection
Stiles collection of John B. Tabb
George R. Talcott papers
The collection consists of reports, studies and other government documents relating to Richmond, Virginia. Topics include public utilities, schools and integration, urbanization, and the Richmond annexation of Chesterfield and ensuing lawsuits. The bulk of the material date from the 1970s.
The Virginia Feminist Oral History Project
Thompson Collection of Lincolniana
Chiefly articles, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, photographs, and memorabilia, together with scattered correspondence, bills and receipts pertaining to Abraham Lincoln.
James L. and Dorothy Knowles Thomson papers
This collection contains papers of Dr. James L. Thomson and his wife, Dorothy Knowles Thomson. Dr. Thomson's papers include World War II memorabilia and photographs as well as papers from the Excelsior Club, a group of surgeons brought together by the war. The papers of Mrs. Thomson, an instructor of operating room nursing at the Medical College of Virginia, include teaching materials and personal effects.
Clarence L. Townes, Jr. papers
Emma Gray Trigg papers
Jeff Trollinger papers
Samuel Wilbert Tucker Collection
The collection contains consists primarily of photocopies of various Virginia newspaper articles on school desegregation efforts in Virginia, from 1960-1964, in which Tucker played a role. The collection also contains newspaper articles on other civil rights issues as well as photocopies of correspondence and other materials.
United Way of Greater Richmond / Richmond Community Fund records
The collection consists of various committee programs and lists of committee members ranging in date from 1910-1980. In addition, scrapbooks reveal the activities of the organization, and photographs depict past presidents of the Richmond Community Council.
Henry L. Valentine II papers
VCU Gay Alliance of Students collection
The collection was compiled by the donor, Walter Foery, a founding member of the VCU Gay Students Alliance organization. The materials in the collection help document the founding of the student organization at VCU, their efforts to be recognized by VCU as any other student organization, and the lawsuit initiated by the students. The items date from 1974 through 1976 and include correspondence, court documents, newspaper clippings, and magazines.
VCU Libraries Richmond Subject Files
VCU Libraries zine collection
VCU School of Nursing publications
Charles Vess papers
The collection contains original artwork, correspondence, and periodicals. Graphic novels and comic books, many signed by Vess, are also available in Special Collections.
Virginia Dental Association records
Virginia Department of Health Professions historical collection
The Board of Pharmacy records consist of historical applications, as well as photographs of confiscated drugs. The Board of Nursing records consist of historical bylaws booklets and a report on the condition of nursing schools conducted in 1920.
Virginia Hispanic Chamber and Foundation (VAHCC) records
Virginia League for Nursing records
The Virginia League for Planned Parenthood Records
The collection consists of publications, histories, newspaper clippings, letters to the editor, Richmond City proclamations, photographs, scrapbooks, and ephemera. The materials range in date from 1935-2004. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings and publications.
Virginia Municipal League records
Virginia Press Association records
Correspondence, minutes of the Board of Directors and various committees, reports, slides, newspaper clippings, convention information, and other papers concerning the operation of the association. Most materials date from 1935-1988; there are some materials from as early as 1860.VPA bulletins (including the Bulletin, Confidential Bulletin, Information Bulletin, and Special Information Bulletin) have been placed in the Periodicals section under "B."
Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance records
- VCU James Branch Cabell Library 168
- VCU Health Sciences Library 64
- Authors, American -- Archives -- Virginia 11
- Physicians -- Virginia. 7
- Gay activists -- Archives. -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Lawyers -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Richmond (Va.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 5
- Women -- Political activity -- Virginia -- Richmond. 5
- Women civic leaders -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 5
- Photographs 4
- Women political activists -- Archives -- Virginia 4
- World War II. 4
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Authors, American -- Manuscripts -- Virginia 3
- Educators -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Equal rights amendments -- Sources -- Virginia 3
- Gay activists -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Gay rights -- Virginia -- Richmond. 3
- Legislators -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Physicians -- Archives -- Virginia -- Richmond 3
- Poets, American -- Archives -- Virginia 3
- Richmond (Va.) -- Social conditions -- 20th century. 3 + ∧ less
- German 6
- French 2
- Latin 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Medical College of Virginia 22
- Virginia Commonwealth University 13
- Richmond Professional Institute 9
- Cabell, James Branch, 1879-1958 7
- Virginia Equal Rights Amendment Ratification Council 4
- Brinson, Betsy 3
- Glasgow, Ellen Anderson Gholson, 1873-1945 3
- League of Women Voters of the Richmond Metropolitan Area (Va.) 3
- Lyons, Harry, 1900- 3
- National Organization for Women 3
- Peeples, Edward H. (Edward Harden) 3
- Richmond (Va.). City Council 3
- Richmond Symphony 3
- University College of Medicine (Richmond, Va.) 3
- Atwood, Bonnie 2
- Brownell, Charles E. 2
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Richmond (Va.). Sexual Minorities Commission 2
- Daugherity, Brian J. 2
- Gay Alliance of Students 2
- Inge, M. Thomas 2 + ∧ less